Monday, June 16, 2008

finally more indiana...

Ok so it's been awhile. I've had a birthday and laziness to deal with. Here's how the rest of the Indiana trip went:

The second day I slept way too much because of the red eye and little nap time the day before. I finally woke up around noon (?) and just sat around looking at old photos for awhile. My family is crazy about cameras apparently. And back then I was crazy about being in photos. Then my grandmother took me out for lunch at this cute little restaurant and one of my old classmates' parent was my waitress. For those who don't know I was in Teen People, so in my small town I'm kinda a celebrity. So this lady made a big deal of it and finding out that I was in LA, she said, "Oh isn't it scary?" I guess I should have told her there are three rival gangs who all have knife fights right outside my window, but no, not scary at all. Instead, I told the truth.

Anyways, I finally decide to set off for my three hour trip to see my best friends, the scc. The drive was long, but nice because I got to remind myself just how different Indiana is from the big city. When I finally arrived at my destination Tim was just getting home from work. Tim is like the boy version of me and he is one of the best friends I will ever have. I hadn't seen him in 2 years, but it felt just like old times right away.

His brother was there too and Nate eventually showed up. We decided to get some beers (36 of 'em) for the four of us and proceeded to drink each and everyone of them. On Nate's first beer Tim made him laugh so hard he puked (gross) and after Tim had 3 beers (maybe a few more) plus a wine cooler (it was all we had left) he puked. Me, Nate, and Tim's bro went to get more beers, which was not necessary. I honestly thought I was going to die on that car ride. Tim's brother was quite entertaining putting his whole body through the sun roof though. Don't drink and drive.

Nate and Tim passed out way too early, so me and Tim's bro stayed up drinking for a bit. He's so much younger than me I felt like I was giving him life advice or something and that I was like 50 years old. Weird, but at least I didn't have to go to bed. In the morning we both had awful hangovers. Tim and Nate were fine. I guess there is some benefit of going to bed early. But nothing a little Advil can't cure.

Eventually I had to go home. It's always tough saying bye to those guys, but for once I didn't cry like a retard.

I arrived back in the HC around 5, just in time for my joint birthday party with three other cousins. Let me explain this to you. Every year we have a bday party for me (25), with three other cousins who are 20, 15, and 13. It has become too much. Actually it was too much about 10 years ago. The only reason we put up with this is to keep my grandmother happy. But really we are all getting too old now.

After the 'party' I go to one of my cousin's ball games. He pitches a no-hitter. I practice throwing popcorn into his younger sister's mouth for most of the game. It was fun. Then I went to another cousin's game. She played alright, but by the time I got there I didn't really get to see much of her skills. She played on the field I used to play on though and it brought back a lot of memories of when I was forced onto the field to pretend like I wasn't afraid of the ball.

No comments: