Thursday, June 26, 2008

$1 Million

Today I read a news story that Brad Pitt/Angelina Jolie donated $1 million to four different Iraq war relief funds. I think this is a great effort, but it's getting me to think: how much is $1 mill to those two? Don't they get at least $10 mill/movie? Their charity does not stop with this effort, obviously, but still. This amount coming from these two actually doesn't impress me that much. I hope it's because I don't see how much money they give in many different places, but I doubt it.

These two people seem to be very giving, but I'd like to think I'd give way more if I could. Is $1 mill still a lot? To me and most of the world it is, but to people as rich as these two, not so much. I think if they gave upwards of $10 mill their cause would get much more attention, which is what I assume they are doing by releasing their donation to the press.

Check the story here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/25/brad-pitt-and-angelina-jo_n_109230.html

No comments: