Today I spent most of my afternoon waiting in a Planned Parenthood office. Thankfully, I really have nothing else to do with myself these days and since my visit was free I wasn't about to complain. The reason for my visit was a refill in my bc, but as I looked around I realized how important this company is.
I saw many different types of people with many different backgrounds. Most came alone, but the younger ones had friends (who would NOT shut up). Some looked nervous, others, like me, were obviously veterans and there for a routine visit. The TV was turned up way too loud on some kind of MTV-soap opera show and I had wished that, like so many others, I had brought my ipod instead of the newspaper.
After two hours, I was finally called back. Most everyone is so pleasant there and they make you feel comfortable. After taking my blood pressure and talking to me about abusive relationships (something they apparently have to do to everyone now), I was asked to take a pregnancy test. I knew it would come out negative and was a little annoyed at having to do this, especially when I didn't need to pee. As I turned the corner to the restroom I saw a young girl bawling her eyes out. I was no longer bothered by the small task of peeing in a cup.
So many women (and girls) have been helped by Planned Parenthood and I feel happy to be able to take advantage of the company. Normally, I donate a little money each visit, but this year I had none. So if you have any spare cash (I know most of us don't) please take the time to donate to Planned Parenthood.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment