So despite the many other news-worthy things going on in the world everyone has decided to focus on Michael Jackson's death. I will be no different. What a surprise...
So of my most fond memories from growing up are from watching MTV with my little brother. Since our mom was always at work TV was our babysitter. I remember being so excited every time MJ had a new music video because they were always so epic. Of course, "Bad" and "Thriller" were amazing, but one not with less acclaim is "Remember The Time." It had some sort of Egyptian setting with tons of celebs.
While he's had tons of #1 hits, I recognize him more as an entertainer than a musician. As a child who loved to dance he inspired me. I probably tried to teach myself the moves in the dance scene starting at around 7 minutes.
And I have to say when I deejay if I'm feeling really desperate I know who to play.
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment