So last night I finally got to see Peaches. I had heard back in the day she was kind of boring, but this is most definitely not the case now. She's one of the few musician that has gotten better with fame, especially live. She had at least 5 costume changes and each one was as amazing as the previous. One of my favorite parts was seeing her not only crowd-surf, but also crowd-walk. Her energy was great and her voice sounded even stronger than on record.
I also liked that she worked in her bandmates, so it wasn't just Peaches and then some random people in the background. The badass guitar player had a solo that would make Van Halen jealous and the keyboard player did his best impression of Iggy Pop for the duet "Kick It." She also worked the crowd in by marrying three gay couples, a big middle finger to the California Supreme Court's recent decision to uphold Prop 8.
She played the classic old stuff like "Operate" and "Fuck The Pain Away," but her new stuff was the real highlight of the night. Her new album is much better than her last two, both disappointing record to many. "I Feel Cream" features production from Digitalism, Drums of Death and Soulwax, as well as Peaches herself. Here's the video for her newest single "Lose You," produced by Simian Mobile Disco.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment