Thursday, January 22, 2009

Now's the time!

So this post was originally going to be about how fucked up my boss and her family is, but who wants to hear my whining? I'll save that for my boyfriend who has to listen.

Instead, I'll write about how my cut shifts have inspired me to do other things with my life. I have forever hated my bartending job and now I have the chance to do something else.

First, I plan to start volunteering at a women's shelter down the street. I have wanted to volunteer for awhile now and since the boys and girls club still haven't called me back, I'm going to stop being lazy and start helping people. This will also give me a chance to get to know more about my community.

Second, I want to start writing more. Blogging does count, but I want to try working at a local independent paper. I found an help wanted ad, so I'm going to throw together a resume and cover letter and see what happens.

Third, I need to finish my grad school application. Statement of purpose is the only thing left. I need to stop procrastinating and just do it.

Finally, I need to start working on my zine again. I half designed it, but then forgot about it for like six months. Oh and all the other crafty things I want to do.

So yeah, my boss sucks, but is there anyone out there who likes their boss? The best I can do is start working on myself, so that I'm my own sucky boss.

PS I have just taken two really amazing trips and I have some great pics to post. Maybe tomorrow (for all two of you who read this)?

No comments: