Friday, January 25, 2008

movies, movies

Since I loved the book so much, this week I went to the theatre to see Persepolis. It left out some cool parts of the book (as almost all books done into movies do), but it was still awesome. The movie is in black and white, so I thought it might be a bit boring for some reason, but the animators are amazing and really did a lot with the blueprint Marjane Satrapi gave them. As soon as this comes out on DVD I gotta buy it and I hope it wins the Oscar for best animated movie. Even though Oscars don't mean that much anymore.

I also saw Sicko this week, which was alright in that Michael Moore sorta way. I almost always agree with his points, but I don't like the one-sidedness of his movies. Even though I agree I would like to hear what the other side says. I think if he did this he would appear a little more credible and less annoying.

As a side note, I wish everyone would leave the Heath Ledger story alone. Yes it's sad, but please let his family deal with it. Things like this are personal. It's embarassing that so many people want to know what happened to someone they didn't know and want to create things that are probably not ture. Unless, of course, you know him, there are many more important things going on in this world. And that goes for all of you Britney chasers too.

No comments: