So today I'm djing a 30th bday party for someone I don't really know. I'm sure she's nice enough, but I can not say I'm looking forward to this. AT ALL. In her list of things she wants to hear are the usual Madonna, Michael Jackson, and various other 80s songs that everyone's heard a million times.
I have a theory about those who like '80s music': They have little to no music IQ, therefore they go to the easy stuff that they grew up listening to. I will be the first to say that there is not all that much good music coming out these days, but if you look hard enough there is something. And there are also decades of good music before the 80s.
I went through my 80s phase just like everyone else, then I grew up. To those who love the 80s, that's ok, I guess, but broaden your horizons just a little...
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment